I hope you and your family and friends are doing well.
We all are aware that personal health and safety concerns have drawn whole new levels of awareness since the Coronavirus outbreak. So, I wanted to let you know the steps Shirey Home Pro has been taking to prepare to resume the provision of remodeling and home repair services to our clients.
First, we want you to know that we are committed to doing our best to keep everyone safe. Safety is a huge deal. We take the prevention of the spread of Coronavirus just as seriously as other health risk issues such as lead, mold, silica, and asbestos.
Second, Shirey Home Pro has become educated regarding the rules laid out by the Governor’s Office and the BIAW (Business Industry Association of Washington) for reopening construction.
Third, we have committed to following these rules.
Note: Some of the rules may seem silly or over the top, but I can remember growing up when many people wouldn’t wear a seatbelt, and now we put them on without giving it a second thought. I believe this added level of protection will also just become a habit.
Fourth, we have developed a full-site specific safety plan and have ongoing training for all office and field staff. If you are interested in reading the entire 42-page document, please contact my office, and I will be happy to share it. Below are some of the highlights of our safety plan.
Before each shift, we will record the temperature of each staff member. If over 100.4, the staff member will not come to work and will follow the protocols for returning to work.
Throughout the workday we will:
- Keep a daily visitors’ log for the office and on every Jobsite (big and small).
- Maintain paperless communication between the homeowner and staff using digital and telephonic processes.
For any planning, design, and other meetings that need to be face to face, we will schedule these to be by appointment in our office.
For our weekly remodeling onsite production meetings with clients, we will conduct these as virtual meetings whenever possible.
When onsite, we will:
- Maintain 6’ distancing between staff members and trade partners.
- Maintain 10’ distance between clients and staff or trade partners.
- Wear a facemask, glasses, and gloves at all times.
- Carry disinfectant gel and use it before and after every encounter.
- Ask homeowners to designate a bathroom for technicians only to use throughout the day and will disinfect it before initial use and at the end of the day.
- Refrain from petting family pets. While we love pets, we will avoid contact no matter how cute they are.
Note: Our trade partners have committed to following the same rules laid out by the Governor and BIAW.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this newsletter.
You can rest assured that Shirey Home Pro is doing everything possible to keep you safe. So, when you’re ready, please give us a call or complete our contact form online.