We worked with one of our past client’s mothers “Marianne” who is in her 80’s. One of her careers was being a travel consultant, where she traveled worldwide, wining and dining at many famous restaurants and hotels. Now that she was downsizing, she wanted a way to display the menus she had collected. We thought about putting them under glass if she wanted to use them again, but when we came up with the idea of encasing them in resin, she became very excited about the project.
My skilled craftsmen have the confidence to be willing to try new things. This project wasn’t the first time I have put a task in front of them and got the response “How Hard Can It Be?”. My carpenter, Victor, made one test sample resin project in his shop, and he was off and running. Marianne and I worked out the layout, and Victor did the rest. Marianne is delighted with how the countertop turned out, and she is showing it off to her new neighbors and family.
There were also other minor improvements to her condo:
- Installed the cabinets under the countertop
- Turned a useless, wet bar closet into a panty with matching cabinet fronts, installed new closets doors,
- Swapped out all the outlets and switched that had yellowed
- Moved a vent for a wine fridge and finished carpentry so the refrigerator would fit
- Repaired existing kitchen cabinets
- Repaired the veranda sliding glass door
- Re-caulk the bathroom